Please fill out all fields below.
Before getting started, ensure your domain is eligible for transfer. Some of these requirements are set by ICANN, the organization that oversees domain registration, and others are Squarespace’s rules. Ensure that you understand these requirements, then keep reading this guide to learn about each requirement in detail.
If you’re not sure if your domain meets these rules, check with your current registrar.
- The domain’s TLD must be on our supported TLD list.
- We don’t support registry premium domains.
- Sixty days must have elapsed since you registered or transferred the domain with your current provider.
- You’ll need to unlock your domain to transfer it.
- Your domain’s Whois privacy must be disabled.
- You’ll need access to a valid domain administrator email address to approve the transfer request.
- We don’t accept domains with current registration terms longer than 9 years.
- You must approve the transfer via email within five days of receiving your purchase receipt on Squarespace, or the transfer will be automatically cancelled.
Pricing and billing
The transfer is free, but ICANN requires that you purchase an additional year of domain registration through Squarespace. You'll keep the time remaining on your current registration, plus an additional year.
For example, if you have six months left on your registration with your original provider and you transfer your domain to Squarespace, your domain will be set to renew in 18 months. Your renewal date will be the same as it was with your previous host, plus one year. Squarespace Domains are charged 15 days in advance of the listed renewal date.
At the transfer checkout page, you’ll see the fee for this one year of domain service. The fee is based on your domain’s TLD. You can also verify the domain’s new renewal date at the checkout.
We provide a Credentials Sheet
with all inclusive login credentials regarding your site.